It’s that time of the year,when you step outside your home to welcome the cool breeze. Umn,correction!Chilly breeze. 😛
In India,November marks the onset of winter and it continues till February end.Even though we crave for the blankets and snuggle in them for the entire day,but alas! we all have work to do.We have to go out of our homes and brave this weather. 😦
I have tried all sorts of oils and moisturizer,one can find in the market,but none of them last the entire day.Also,I am not the kind of girl who believes in applying in between.My skin goes extra dry in winters so I decided to make a moisturizer of my own.It is very easy to make,cheap & takes less time to make.So here it goes.
- Glycerine ( easily available in the market)
- Water (used for bathing)
- Rosewater (available in the market or you can make it)-optional
- Firstly find an empty bottle in which you can store the concoction.
- In that bottle,pour the glycerine and water in 50-50 ratio.You can add some rosewater to it.
- Shake the bottle so that both the liquids get mixed.
- It’s ready for use.
Isn’t it easy?You can apply it on your face as well,but it might sting if you have cuts anywhere.I use it for my body only.Though I have used it on my hands which have eczema,but if you are suffering from it,do a patch test first.
If you are wondering why glycerine is used.The answer to it is,it acts like a humectant i.e.. it attracts moisture from surroundings.Also,glycerine is widely used in many skin care products.
Some facts about this moisturizer.
- This is only for HYDRATION. It does not serve any other purpose like skin whitening, lightning, tightening etc.
- It’s not at all suitable for treating acne,blackheads etc.
- Not for dandruff. (Dandruff caused by dryness may be treated but do not expect much).
- It’s not a pre-makeup moisturizer.
NOTE:Always use glycerine with water.At first it might seem sticky,but it will get normal after sometime.
Take care. 🙂