A girl needs to have her entire vanity with her always. Yep! It’s true but not practical. 😛 I travel every year, or at least I try to. Not that I go for those Instagram picturesque locales but yes, definitely, wander about here & there with my parents. Me and my parents, share the same travel bug and try to cover places mostly during summers.
Travel light has been my main aim. So when I went to Gwalior last month, I had packed all the essentials strictly and no wonder, my trolley felt so light. 😀 So here are my tips to travel safely and lightly.
- Carry samples or travel sizes of skincare.I specifically bought 2 thermal spring water bottles in 50 ml for this purpose,one by Avene and another by Vichy.It acts as a toner,soothing water and calms the skin after sun exposure.I also took samples with me sent to me from different brands for review.Otherwise also,you can ask for small sizes in any store or from these brands.
- Also have small water bottle.No matter what,have it with you while travelling within or outside India.If you are lucky,you can find water bottles easily in India but that gives rise to added travel costs or plastic pollution.Fill them at your hotel beforehand. Abroad,you have water taps everywhere,so you can fill your bottle easily or fill them at your hotel also.
- Carry your emergency medical kit everywhere.It should be small in size and should only contain emergency medicines like for fever,flu,cuts,heartattack( yes! There is a medicine for this too which if taken during the attack gives more time for you to survive on the way to hospital.Consult your doctor for this.),indigestion etc.I have a simple plastic box in which I literally throw all the medicines I know I require while travelling.
- Travel light.I know,while travelling,you love showing yourself off.You want to flaunt those dresses and coats.Trust me! You will regret this until unless you have a porter with you.I always go with the worst case scenario and pack clothes which can be worn in many ways.Stoles can do wonders as in headwrap,protection from Sun,accessory etc. Maxi skirts can be worn as skirts as well as tops. 😉 Boots protect you from cold and can also be worn with floral dresses.Backpacks look trendy with every attire so does satchel.I carry a messenger bag with me which can accommodate small bottle,lipbalm and handcream,an umbrella and obviously wallet.If you have a party,then you can pack a separate dress ,purse and shoes.
- Always tag your bags with your name,address and contact number.Many times during transfer flights,you reach your destination but find your baggage is still stuck in the previous inbetween airport.Happened with my Dad who reached London,only to find that his bag is at Dubai airport.His flight was from New Delhi-London via Dubai.His baggage reached at his hotel safe and sound.
- Carry extra batteries or powerbanks for your electronics.You know why. 😉
- Carry an adapter for charging while travelling abroad,You never know what type of plug-socket system lies in the hotel.We usually find that out from before and pack the adapters.
- Now comes the makeup. 😉 I carry only 1 brush set which has all my face-eye brushes and a makeup sponge.Real techniques already provides its brushes in a bag style in which you can put extra 4 brushes as well. Carry neutral eyeshadow palette instead of glitters and other palettes.You can use it for everyday or create smokey eye for that glam night.I take a nude and red lipstick with me as these 2 are sufficient.Eyebrow pencils are better always.Takes less space.1 foundation and 1 compact are good to go.
- Haircare needs your shampoo and conditioner.That should do it.
- Roll your clothes instead of layering.Gives more space to fit your shopping stuffs. 😀
- Tickets and cash.Anything else? 😛
I will be travelling and by the time this post comes up,I will be somewhere else.I thought to share my travel style with you. Hope this benefits you all. To know where I am going, follow me on Instagram .It is more of a surprise to me and to you all. Maybe if time permits,I can meet you too. 😉
Thank you for reading my post. 🙂 If you like my posts,don’t forget to subscribe here by clicking on ‘follow by e-mail’ in the righthand pane . Also follow me on Instagram at @simplybful and Twitter @simplybful for crazy snippets from my life and beauty world.Find me on Pinterest @simplybful to know what I love in hair and makeup.
See you all in my next post,Take care,bye